The teaching of architecture at the STU began in 1946, making the Faculty of Architecture (FA) the newest addition to the Slovak University of Technology (STU) Faculty. At that time the Department of Architecture and Structural Engineering was established as a part of the Structural Engineering Branch at Slovak Polytechnic (SVŠT), today called the Faculty of Civil Engineering. In the following seventy years the Faculty has transformed to a vital and competitive institution and serves over 1000 students each year. Although having Design study programmes under its roof for more than 25 years, in 2020 Design has made it to the official title of the institution too. Faculty of Architecture has been renamed and as of September 2020 Faculty of Architecture and Design has started to write its new common history.