The workshop is designed to fulfill students' as well as professionals' requirements. The exceptional 30 seat workshop is part of the regular series of events called Parametric Bratislava, which is itself a unique activity in the central-european space. One week long workshop focused on architectural form-making, usage of digital techniques of parametric design is going to lead participants to the new approaches in both, design and architecture. ECOTYPE workshop is going to take place on 24th February – 2nd March 2014 (1 day optional Crash course + 6 days main course) at the Faculty of architecture, Slovak University of Technology.
Renowned Serbian experts from Grupa Arhitekata Jelica Jovanović and Dragana Petrović are going to join forces with Italian Noumena architects Aldo Sollazzo and Iker Mugarra Flores to bring together the natural and the digital. The workshop is going to look into digital sensing structure subsystems, constituted by associative simulations of the relations between tectonics and the environment in which human activities take place according to specific programs. It is going to provide and control a constant flow of information about the changing internal and external conditions which is processed by a computational subsystem articulated by Rhinoceros 5 ( NURBS-based 3D modeling software) + Grasshopper 3D & Sub-Plugins (generative computation tools). Through these means new design opportunities are going to be explored. The resulting proposal challenges conventions and the way that design is conceived, stepping away from linear process and embracing holistic approaches.
ECOTYPE workshop is meant for intermediate Grasshopper users. For the newcomers there is going to be available an optional one day Rhinoceros 3D + Grasshopper Crash course with Ján Pernecký (rese arch) and Fabio Palvelli (3D-Dreaming.com). The beginners are going to learn basic NURBS modelling, import/export techniques, best drafting practices and basic Grasshopper scripting – workflow, parameters, components, data structures, attractors, surface subdivision, mathematical and logical operations.
- Aldo Sollazzo focuses on exploring critical issues in architecture, design, and urbanism through parametric design, scripting, and fabrication strategies.
- Iker Mugarra Flores is mainly specialized in advanced geometries and logics, prototyping and fabrication, environmental morphologies and holistic approaches to large and small scale strategic design ecologies.
- Jelica Jovanović is within Docomomo working on proposals for the protection and sustainable preservation policies of the modern movement architecture in Serbia.
- Dragana Petrović specializes on Bioclimatic design in Architecture.
- Ján Pernecký - Architect, researcher, curator, programmer, organizer.
- Fabio Palvelli - Architect, designer, researcher and publisher of architectural projects, workshop organizer.
ECOTYPE's approach is focused on the architectural view of the geometry. The participants are going to get acquainted with a vital tools for producing algorithm-driven shapes with a strong sustainable concept.
More info at: www.parametricbratislava.sk
Bratislava, 23/ 1/ 2014
3D Dreaming www.3d-dreaming.com
rese arch www.rese-arch.org
Grupa Arhitekata http://www.grupaarhitekata.org/
Faculty of Architecture, Slovak University of Technology http://www.fa.stuba.sk/